Working for us
We value our team as the most critical element of our business, and through them, we aim to deliver excellent services to our clients. SB Cares is one of the region's largest employers and as such we offer competitive terms and conditions (linked to Scottish Borders Council terms and conditions), training and career opportunities.
All vacancies with SB Cares are advertised on myjobscotland.gov.uk where you will be able to:
Recruitment Open Days
We are holding three recruitment events in September to give people interested in working with for us the chance to find out more about the variety of opportunities we have available.
The drop in recruitment events will take place as follows:
- Thursday 28 September – Heart of Hawick, 2pm to 8pm
- Friday 29 September – Southfield Community Centre, Duns, 2pm to 8pm
- Saturday 30 September – Ability Centre (Focus Community Centre), Livingstone Place, Galashiels, 10am to 4pm
We are keen to hear from people who are looking for a rewarding career caring for people in their local community.
We have vacancies across a range of services including home care, residential care and day support services for older people and people with a learning disability.
As one of the region’s largest local employers, we offer excellent terms and conditions including a great salary, 28 days annual leave, generous pension contributions and other staff benefits. We also offer comprehensive training so previous experience is not essential.
Interviews will be offered on the day, so please ensure you bring the following information:
- Three forms of ID, of which one must include your photograph (passport, driving licence) and one which includes your current home address (utility bill).
- Details of two people who can provide a reference
- Existing PVG holders should bring their existing certificate
Help and assistance
If you need help using myjobscotland there are a number of FAQs available.
To get help with your application or are unable to apply online please contact us for assistance.
If you consider yourself to have a disability, you are guaranteed an interview under the Two-Tick scheme where you meet the essential criteria for the the post.
Join our team
Find out more about becoming a support worker with SB Cares.